10.20.2014

Brady got baptized!

As an earthly parent, you see the good, the bad, and the ugly in your child.  With all the quirks and flaws, it's easy to wonder how exactly this child is going to manage in a great big world.  But then, that still small voice I know so well reminds me, "he's not yours.  He's mine."  And so clearly the words of Psalm 139 ring in my ears,

"Oh Lord, you have searched me and you know me.  You know when I sit and when I rise.  You perceive my thoughts from afar.  You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways.  Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, Oh Lord."

And this is what I know, not because I can read it in my Bible, but because the words of this Psalm have displayed themselves in every moment of my life, that Brady has a Heavenly Father.  The One who created all the quirks and flaws.  The One who made this most amazing boy exactly who he was supposed to be.  The One who has a need and a specific purpose for this little 7 year old puzzle piece.

"For you created my inmost being;

















you knit me together in my mother's womb...


I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;




your works are wonderful, I know that full well...All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."

So, Brady made the choice to publicly display his decision to follow Christ.  






I don't know what the future holds for Brady.  I honestly sometimes shake my head in wonder and think "only Heaven knows!"  But that's the great news!  Heaven knows!

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope, and a future."  Jeremiah 29:11




No comments:

Post a Comment